Juraj Hercek juraj at syncad.com
Thu Apr 3 02:25:32 CST 2003

Hi,

I would like to know whether it's important to load xyz.dll.so using
dlopen() *before* I would use LoadLibrary() on xyz.dll and call
GetProcAddress() to get address of function I would like to call.

"winemaker --wrap" uses this way to get adress of WinMain/main in
wrapped executable. However, I've figured out that it is not needed to
dlopen shared object before it can be used by LoadLibrary() function. It
work's without dlopening - I'm surprised & happy, since it was annoying
to dlopen .so file before using. I also know it *was* needed before.

Reason why I'm asking is that I want to be sure it's save to get rid of
dlopen/dlclose functions and related stuff in <filename_>wrapper.c file
created by winemaker.

--Juraj