Wine and Glibc 2.3.2

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Sat Apr 5 13:02:31 CST 2003

Hi,

I know there are/were glibc 2.3x problems and wine. My system is running
Debian Unstable. I'm trying to help the mono guys a bit with Windows.Forms.
Because of some bugs in the glibc 2.3.1-16 version debian is using, the
winelib based app needed by mono didn't work. (dlopen related problems)

I upgraded my glibc to 2.3.2-1 using the packages that will move into Debian
soon. I recompiled my wine (latest from cvs) and wine itself runs. (still the
/tmp problems ..) Compared to other distributions which use 2.3.2 debian
isn't using nptl.

Monostub (the winelib app from mono) and winedbg are not working fine. Is it
correct that Wine still isn't compatible with glibc2.3.2 version that are not
using nptl?

For example I'm getting errors like this when trying to use monostub but
winedbg isn't being launched:
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr
0x4029486b

Thanks,
Roderick Colenbrander