winedos / Small bug fixes

Enrico Horn farmboy1 at web.de
Mon Apr 7 17:07:10 CDT 2003

On Monday 07 April 2003 16:43, Jukka Heinonen wrote:
> Enrico Horn wrote:
> > With this patch I get an unhandled exception
> > while trying to run callahans crosstime saloon,
> > an dos adventure that makes use of vesa.
> > without the patch the program runs, just with a black picture :-)
>
> This problem is likely caused by one of the following reasons:
>
> - The program calls int10 from protected mode and expects to get
>   selector based far pointers instead of segment based ones.
> - The program previously failed to initialize VESA and now, when
>   it initializes VESA correctly, it starts to crash in previously
>   unused code.
>
> Separating these two cases would make fixing this crash easier.
> Do you have some traces that show int10 usage before/after patch
> or can the game be downloaded for free from some site?
Hi,
Sorry for the FUD.
Seems like this game has some issues with and without the patch.
This seemed to be just the 'exception of the day' when I tried your patch.
Now when trying it again I get some different exceptions that seem to be
related to some critical section timeouts.

Ciao
Enrico

PS: You dont need to cc me. I am subscribed.