cleaning the source tree when compiling outside the source tree

Pouech Eric DMI AEI CAEN pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Tue Apr 8 01:13:09 CDT 2003

> I don't think we should do that. IMO we must not modify the source
> tree in any way when building in a separate dir.
It depends which files we're talking about
I think that *~ (and any editor backup files), *rej* *orig* (patch leftovers), .#* (cvs update leftovers) should be removed from the source tree
perhaps we need to seperate the semantics from clean and distclean. but at least, from a distclean point of view, I do think it would be great to remove the hereabove mentionned files from the source tree
A+