keyboard mapping with XFree86 4.3.0

Tim Ruehsen tim.ruehsen at openmediasystem.de
Wed Apr 9 09:19:51 CDT 2003

Hi Shachar,

thanks for your answer. Dmitry's answer maked me believe to be stupid...

Since I can't rewrite the keyboard detection code and it looks like it is a
general XFree 4.3.0 issue, I have to wait for someone to fix it.

Meanwhile, your answer lets me hope that there is a workaround. But I don't
understand your answer completely. As I can see, my keyboard configuration
(in XF86Config) did not change from 4.2 to 4.3. Could you or anybody give me
a hint on how to set XkbLayout/XkbVariant or whatever to get my right alt key
working (this is the most important one for me)?

Regards, Tim