keyboard mapping with XFree86 4.3.0

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Wed Apr 9 14:19:07 CDT 2003

Tim Ruehsen wrote:

>Thank you, Dmitry. But it doesn't help. In this case I have US layout which
>drives me crazy...

Can you confirm that the messages go away, and that a German keyboard is
detected by Wine? If so, we can solve the other problem quite easily.

>I read some XFree READMEs. They are talking about a possibility to configure
>keyboard layout 'backward compatible' - but I could not find out how (it
>might help).

You don't need to. you can tell your X to use us,de as the keyboard, but
to always be in grp2. Actually, what I just said counts as "backwards
compatible", as that is what happens on 4.2.x. Does anyone know, off the
top of their head, how to do that?

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant