Problems with redhat 8 updated to glibc 2.3.2

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Wed Apr 9 17:57:44 CDT 2003

Mike Hearn a écrit:
> Hi,
>
> I've just had 3 consecutive reports of practically the same failure on
> redhat 8 with the latest security updates. Basically, nothing works, the
> wineinstall script messes up and fails to import the initial registry
> (it seems to get the fstab parsing wrong as well?) and when run wine
> reports exceptions like this:
[]

> (pasted from irc)
>
> Can somebody with an up to date redhat box who doesn't mind being a
> sacrificial lamb look into this? I thought compiling with --with-nptl
> would fix these problems. BTW all these people were using CVS as of
> about 10 minutes ago.

I compiled it this morning on a fully patched Red Hat 8.0 box and it
imported the registry just fine. I didn't use wineinstall, but the
process to build rpms is mimmicking wineinstall quite closely. Note that
you shouldn't use ./configure's --with-nptl switch, as RedHat 8.0
doesn't use NPTL.

I'll install the produced rpm and tell you what I can gather (I'll be
talking to it via ssh w/o X, so it won't be thorough).

Vincent