wcmd, external commands, and options

Pouech Eric DMI AEI CAEN pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Thu Apr 10 01:21:26 CDT 2003

> On WinMe, it looks like
>     start/wait notepad.exe
> invokes start with the /wait option, but in Wine,
> it invokes start\wait.exe.
you mean from command.com, keying start/wait does what you do
I think we should test if CreateProcess on WinXX does the same or not
I suspect CreateProcess to implement an algorithm like:
n = 1
a/ take the n first chars of the command line
if we can match this with an exec, then run it, and chars from command line from n+1 to end of line are arguments (which get parsed with spaces and rtabs as delimiters)
otherwise, increment n and go to a/
wine current implementation is a bit more rustic in a sense that our loop is only made of using spaces as separator for implementing the a/ loop

the first thing to do IMO is to add this test case to our create process list

A+