Wine's test process

Eduardo Augusto Bezerra eduardob at acm.org
Thu Apr 10 17:40:31 CDT 2003

Hi

I've been working on the definition of testing processes
for open source projects and, so far, Open Office is one
of the most organized projects I've found. The bug
tracking system of Wine is quite good, but I haven't
found much about the definition of Wine's test process.

I was wondering whether somebody in this discussio list
could send me some pointers or documents where I could
learn more about Wine's test process. Basically, I've
been looking for a place where I could find answers for
questions such as:

How has the test process been defined in the beginning
of the Wine project?
How was the test process performed at that time?
How was the test process performed when there were no
web versions for the bug reports?
Are there test plans available?

My research is not based only on Wine. I've been
trying to find other open source projects that have an
organized and documented test process, but it's quite hard.

Many thanks for any help

Eduardo.

--
Eduardo Augusto Bezerra, PhD

Space Science Centre, School of Engineering and IT
The University of Sussex, Brighton, England, UK
http://www.sussex.ac.uk/engg/research_groups/space/

Researcher, Software Testing Research Centre (CPTS)
PUCRS/Hewlett-Packard Brazil, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil

Lecturer in Computer Science, Informatics Faculty
Catholic University (PUCRS), Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
http://www.inf.pucrs.br/~gaph

Phone/Fax UK: +44 (0)1273 877086 / +44 (0)1273 678399
Phone/Fax Brazil: +55 51 3320 3695 / +55 51 3320 3758
http://www.eduardo.bezerra.name

PGP signature: Key ID B852E578
Public Key: http://www.keyserver.net/en/
or http://eduardo.bezerra.name