PATCH: video mode changes

Alex Pasadyn ajp at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Apr 12 16:22:22 CDT 2003

Lionel Ulmer wrote:

> Anyway, there is not only Desktop mode but people which either do not have
> XVidMode or who have it disabled... Should they always play HalfLife or
> games using their desktop size or will they be allowed to change the
> resolution ?

> For exemple, I will always disable XVidMode in my config (I hate automatic
> switch as when I want really to play, I start a second X server at the right
> size :-) ). But I sill would like to be able to change the size of the games
> I want to debug.

Heh, well, in my testing, I saw two different kinds of apps.  Some look
at the results (like Warcraft) and resize to fit the window, while
others (like Half-Life) ignore it and just draw whatever size you say.
So, for the first kind, you would have to specify a different desktop
size, but the others behave just like they always did.

My main concern would be if anything actually stopped working, but I did
not find any of those...

Alex