winedbg regression?

Stefan Leichter Stefan.Leichter at camLine.com
Tue Apr 15 16:14:20 CDT 2003

Am Dienstag 15 April 2003 20:29 schrieb Uwe Bonnes:

>     Stefan> Am Dienstag 15 April 2003 00:51 schrieb Mike Hearn:
>     >> Hi,
>     >>
>     >> For the past week or so winedbg has refused to start, it just hangs
>     >> whenever it tries to attach to a pid.
>     >>
>     >> Some traces indicate it's getting an access denied error when trying
>     >> to attach? Not sure why i'd be getting that. I thought it was just
>     >> my tree at first but Splinter on IRC says he has the same problem.
>     >>
>     >> Does anybody else see this?
>
>     Stefan> Hi,
>
>     Stefan> i have started to find the patch that broke winedbg
>     Stefan> yesterday. Today i can tell you that one of the 4 last patches
>     Stefan> in March broke winedbg for me.
>
> Check that your [Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\AeDebug]
> is really available in ~/.wine/system.reg.
>
> Otherwise a default string is used that had an error. Patch for the default
> string just sent to wine-patches

I had this one:
[Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\AeDebug] 996976720
"Auto"="1"
"Debugger"="winedbg.exe --debugmsg -all %ld %ld"

removing the '.exe' and adding --auto did not help. But i found the patch that
broke winedbg for me:

http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-cvs/2003/03/0371.html

Bye Stefan