UPDATED: video mode changes

Alex Pasadyn ajp at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 15 22:54:16 CDT 2003

Lionel Ulmer wrote:
> Just a small nitpick :
>

>>+    XF86VidModeModeInfo *mode;
>>+    DWORD dwBpp = GetSystemMetrics(SM_WINE_BPP);
>>+    if (dwBpp == 24) dwBpp = 32;
>

> I would prefer this change to be done directly in the 'GetDeviceCaps'
> function of the X11DRV to always return 32 in case the scren depth is 24. I
> know for sure that this fixes at least one application and should not hurt
> others :-)

I tried changing the return for case BITSPIXEL in X11DRV_GetDeviceCaps,
and now I get all sorts of errors from X11DRV_CreateBitmap:
Trying to make bitmap with planes=1, bpp=32

That shows up because the screen_depth global variable is still set to
24, but the application gets 32 as the depth.

Interestingly, the applications I tried all still seem to work, even
though they complain loudly.

Is there another variable or check that should change somewhere?

Alex