Avoid non-portable signal(SIGCHLD, SIG_IGN)

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer at dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Apr 16 08:51:35 CDT 2003

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> I don't mind whether it's done in the generic sources or just in the
> FreeBSD port though.

I'd _very_ much prefer the former, for a couple of reasons:

 o Not all FreeBSD users use our ports collection, so both the Wine and
   FreeBSD projects risk getting bug reports if our sources diverge.

 o In fact even I, the maintainer of the FreeBSD port, mostly use pristine
   upstream sources to continually check current CVS versions of Wine (and
   keep them buildable on FreeBSD).

 o I worked very hard to decrease the number of local patches and keep
   the divergence minimal, and I have learned Alexandre as very interested
   in keep Wine portable.

Unfortunately, a general patch for this is beyond my (current)
capabilities, so I'd really appreciate could the two of you agree on
a general fix for this.

(Even some #ifdef __FreeBSD__ in the Wine sources certainly would be
better than having FreeBSD local patches, IMHO.)

Thanks,
Gerald

PS: Thanks also for the very nice analysis, Jörg!
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer at dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/