div in msvcrt

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Wed Apr 16 19:58:58 CDT 2003

Le mer 16/04/2003 à 20:19, Alexandre Julliard a écrit :
> Vincent Béron <vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca> writes:
>
> > This was in msvcrt/stdlib.h since version 1.1, probably straight from
> > mingw. It caused some problems because div_t is a structure, not a long
> > long (same thing for ldiv_t).
> >
> > Changelog:
> > Fixed the definition of div/ldiv.
>
> This won't work, the calling sequence on i386 is not compatible. I'm
> not sure there's a good solution for that one...

Yes, I found out that when reading the actual function rather than only
the prototype, so I modified the calling I had.

It seems to boil down to either source or binary compatibility, right?

Would some kind of proxy function work here, which would be called only
when compiling from source? And leave the present way of doing it for
already compiled code?

Just thinking aloud...

Vincent