Set TZ environment variable when not set

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 17 00:37:43 CDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:05:28 +0200, you wrote:

> Changelog:
> 	memory/environ.c: build_environment
> 	Set the TZ value to GMT0, if TZ is not set
>
> Synplify.exe from the Quicklogic FPGA suite refused to work with the demo
> license. Setting TZ to any value made it work. GMT0 should be a good
> approach.
>
> Awaiting the "flame war" about noise level for that silent change :-)

Uwe,

Some programs, like Agent email/news client that I use, check the
existence of TZ before attempting other timezone API call's.

With your patch Agent displays all times in UTC, which is not making me
happy. A correct patch should take care of the local timezone and
daylight saving.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes