winsock.h portability patch causing portability problem

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer at dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Apr 17 08:20:34 CDT 2003

Alexandre,

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> I am not very proud of the patch below, but would that be an alternate
> solution you could accept, giving your explanation above?
> [...]
> ChangeLog:
> On FreeBSD, where htonl, htons, ntohl, and ntohs are macros, we won't have
> issues with WINAP, so we can use the definitions provided by the system.

I noticed that you now committed a different patch of your -- As I said,
I fully understood that the one I proposed was ugly. :-) -- and I'm happy
to report that

  revision 1.57
  date: 2003/04/17 02:47:17;  author: julliard;  state: Exp;  lines: +33 -17
  Yet another attempt at fixing the htonl functions.

completely solved the problem on FreeBSD.

Thanks!

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer at dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/