rpc exception

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Apr 21 22:30:45 CDT 2003

On April 21, 2003 08:19 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> The problem with that is that the code will then start to depend on
> exceptions, since they will work for 99% of the people using Wine, and
> they will never get fixed the proper way. I'd really prefer that we
> find a portable solution.

Just like with threads, why not cross that bridge when we get there?
Is it really worth it to penalize 99% of the people? When we port to
another compiler, it will be a lot simpler to worry about those pieces
of code, rather than have no code at all.

Also, not accepting code into Wine that depend on exception is one thing,
but what about Winelib? We can have the exception code commented out if
__WINESRC__ is defined, but at least lets get it in if it works, it will
plug a big Winelib hole.

--
Dimi.