oleaut32 patch

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Apr 21 23:02:33 CDT 2003

Ove Kaaven <ovek at arcticnet.no> writes:

> The oaidl_p.c is almost unmodified MIDL output generated from Wine's
> oaidl.idl (I only had to add an #undef __WINE__ at the top to get all
> the Winelib definitions, perhaps this isn't needed under Wine anymore),
> so it shouldn't be hard to maintain, and Alexandre once said MIDL output
> is acceptable as a stopgap solution. I don't know if proper
> InstallShield repaint support calls for stopgaps, though.

One problem is that this code causes hundreds of warnings, and I don't
think that's acceptable (it also fails to link but that could be fixed
by adding a few stubs). We could fix the warnings manually but that
will cause obvious maintenance problems. How far are we from being
able to generate that with widl?

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com