oleaut32 patch

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue Apr 22 17:23:01 CDT 2003

Ove Kaaven <ovek at arcticnet.no> writes:

> Hmm, the stub functions in usrmarshal.c was enough for me when I tried.
> What stubs are missing?

Things like NdrSimpleTypeMarshall that are declared as stubs in
rpcrt4.spec; the new import library mechanism doesn't allow importing
stubs. Anyway that's easy to work around.

> And yeah, I know it causes a lot of warnings, but I thought that it
> might be a reasonable tradeoff since it won't stay there forever.

Well, we can live with a few warnings, but hundreds is a bit too much
IMO. But if you don't plan to update that file too often I can hack it
to fix the warnings.

> Not all that close I'm afraid. I think it might be easiest to make widl
> emit stubless (rpcrt4-interpreted bytecode) marshallers than the
> old-fashioned inline marshallers (hardcoded function tables, which look
> like a nightmare to generate), but wine's dlls/rpcrt4/ndr_stubless.c is
> still just a stub... so the bytecode interpreter would have to be
> implemented also (but of course that has to be done eventually anyway,
> stubless proxies are better according to MS, so many apps will use
> them). It'll probably take a few weeks for me at least, since the stuff
> I do have works, and thus its priority is lower... but I can try if
> you're willing to wait a bit.

Sure, there's no hurry. I'm happy to commit the MIDL-generated stuff
in the meantime, as long as the better solution is somewhere in sight.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com