System Shock 2 Working (Almost)

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Apr 23 03:44:21 CDT 2003

> The problem is the 2D overlay stuff - the HUD, inventory, etc. are all
> missing which makes it unplayable.  I saw on some other forum that it
> had been added to either wine or winex... anyone have any ideas?

This is a known problem on WineHQ. The support for this is planned but
nothing has acually been done yet (it's something very annoying to do :-) ).

If I find time in the next weeks to rework on D3D, I may finally add this
(it's THE one feature that is missing to make a lot of old games work
properly).

> Another problem is that ss2 no longer seems to work with the newer wine
> builds (20030327 at least) it just displays a message that says video
> card not supported.

Ah ? I will have to test it on my box for regressions then :-)

                          Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/