winehq mailing list archives being harvested by spammers

Brian Vincent (C) VincentB at coppercolorado.com
Thu Apr 24 12:21:48 CDT 2003

> executive summary: "please obscure the email addresses in the
> winehq mailing list archives, I'm drowning in spam"!

FWIW, Zack Brown and I began obscuring all the email address
in the Wine Traffic / Kernel Traffic newsletters a while ago.
They used to be embedded in the XML, HTML and various pages
referenced on the site.  However, any email sent to wine-devel
before mid October will show up in the mailing list stats
in the XML pages on both WineHQ and Wine Traffic (Zack's site).

Brian Vincent
Copper Mountain Telecom
vincentb at coppercolorado.com