Debugging

Ann and Jason Edmeades us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 12:39:33 CDT 2003

> In general, I don't think it's such a good idea to just dump
> memory. Most of the time the data is typed, so outputing
> something more meaningful is better.

Well, my main reason was while debugging its useful to dump storage to see
what is going on, not so much to dump anything on a regular basis in trace.
Sometimes its useful to dump structures etc esp if corruption is occuring,
and a pre-supplied macro would have been very useful. I was just suprised
I couldnt find anything which actually did it already!

>Not to mention that such a dump might interfere with the terminal.
I dont understand this? Any dump would go as tracepoints, formatted to
only print out hex and printable characters, and nowhere near the screen.

Anyway, I'll put it in a local private header and noone will ever need see
it - Should keep everyone happy.

Regards,
Jason