slovene keyboard without dead keys

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Sat Apr 26 11:19:38 CDT 2003

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

>I'm strongly against fixing problems with new XFree86 4.3.0 this way and
>polluting x11drv with lots of similar keyboard layouts. A way to solve
>your problem is to use something like this in your XF86Config:
>
>Option "XkbLayout" "us,si"
>Option "XkbOptions" "grp:ctrl_shift_toggle"
>
>I.e. explicitly add "us" layout as the first language group and use
>Ctrl+Shift to switch between base and alternate keyboard layouts.

At some point we will have no choice but to add support in Wine to this.
I am not a major hurt party, as my layout is going to be us,il even
without the Wine problem, but this is causing people grief. This gets
worse through the fact that the new X behaviour is actually a better
one. We are now officially holding people back from moving a behaviour
that is better for them.

I would volunteer to do it, except I'm unusually busy of late. I know
that you have messed around with the keyboard code at some time. If you
have time, I recommend you look at it. If not, I'll try to handle this
as soon as I:
1. Get some time for Wine (I estimate at least a month - I'm actually
managing to make business :-)
2. Finish the font dialog rewrite I'm in the middle of.

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant