Mac OS X and Wine troubles

Pierre d'Herbemont stegefin at free.fr
Sat Apr 26 15:16:36 CDT 2003

Hi,

First of all I have a good news :) : Wine is able to build on Mac OS X.

We decided not to follow WineHQ cvs version for early build, in order
not to be so much disturbed by others wine development and not to
produce bad patches, but don't worry ;) we are (of course!) planing to
send patches, I hope they would be integrated...

I had never use Wine before so sorry for the basic questions.
I ran wineinstall, everything goes well until wineinstall attempts to
launch regedit. Wine goes wrong, it tells me :

Warning: no valid DOS drive found, check your configuration file.
Warning: could not find wine config [Drive x] entry for current working
directory /Users/steg/Documents/Programmation/wine; starting in windows
directory.
/Users/steg/Documents/Programmation/wine/miscemu/wine: cannot find
'./programs/regedit/regedit.exe.so'

For me the problem comes from somewhere in the reading of the file
~/.wine/config, which exists and is parsed, but maybe I missed
something in wine configuration (like a register file or something)?
Could someone tell we wether I am wrong or not?

Secondly I manage to copy a windows folder to the root '/' of my disk,
so I can launch an app with the command "wine notepad.exe". I added a
basic Mach-O (Mac OS X binary file format) compatibility to libwine in
order the file type to be recognized. But now I am getting error like:

wine: could not load 'C:\windows\regedit.exe': dlcompat: dyld: wine
Undefined symbols:
_FormatMessageA
_RegCloseKey
_RegCreateKeyExA
_RegDeleteKeyA
_RegEnumKeyExA
_RegEnumValueA
_RegOpenKeyA
_RegQueryInfoKeyA
_RegSetValueExA

I suppose that the problem comes from the fact that the dlls are not
loaded before the notepad.exe, assuming that the problem is still
related with the ~/.wine/config reading. Do I suppose right?

If you have any idea of what could be wrong, or just a thought drop me
a line, it could be very useful :)

Cheers,

Pierre