Excessive Swap with MSVC++ and Wine

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 12:06:33 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 5:22 am, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> hatky <hatkyinc at yahoo.com> writes:
> > sounds like a memory leak in the code sould be
> > addressed to wine-devel at winehq.com and you should
> > probably open a bug on this .....
> >
> > wine-devel, can someone comment/help on that? (I think
> > there wore more details on the original message)
>
> This may be fixed in current CVS, give it a try.

The current CVS gives me other problems...

Running Python gives...

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000001 in 32-bit code
(0x1e04e00f).
In 32-bit mode.
0x1e04e00f (PYTHON22.DLL.Py_VaBuildValue+0x46f in
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PYTHON22.DLL): repne scasb  %es:(%edi)

Running cl gives...

Command line error D2029 : cannot execute 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\vc98\Bin\c1xx.dll' out of environment memory

...which looks like a configuration error on my part but I haven't found
anything yet that tells me how to fix it.

Both of these work fine under Crossover Office 2.0.

Phil