WINE flag

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Wed Apr 30 15:08:33 CDT 2003

KK singh wrote:

>hi,
>
>I have a win32 application that plays some hashing
>tricks with HWND while running on win98 and uses the
>fact that on win98 HWND is always 16bit.
>
>This application is crashing on wine configured as
>win98 because HWND is something bigger than 16bit on
>wine.
>
>Now Can I Check from inside my application code,
>whether the application is running on linux or win98
>If yes then I might be able to avoid those hashing
>tricks and solve the crash

I think the last time the subject came up, the consensus was that the
existance of HKLM/Programs/Wine is the best way to check whether you are
running on Wine.

A different matter (and one which I am not qualified to attest to) is
whether it is smart for wine to be 100% win98 compatible in that regard,
and whether it is smart on your program's side to do those tricks.

>Regards
>kks

Hope this helps.

                Shachar