Trackbar size fixes

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Fri Aug 1 18:10:59 CDT 2003

Jon Bright wrote:
> Duane Clark wrote:
>
>  >  From the Wine include file:
>  >
>  > winuser.h:#define SM_CYCAPTION         4
>  >
>  > So I don't think we want to use that value.
>
> That's just the value for passing to GetSystemMetrics.  The actual value
> returned will be either:
>
>          sysMetrics[SM_CYCAPTION]  = 20;
>
> or
>
>          sysMetrics[SM_CYCAPTION] = SYSMETRICS_GetRegistryMetric(hkey,
> "CaptionHeight", 18)
>                                       + 1; /* for the separator? */

Hmm... well I wrote a small test case on Windows. For me on WinNT,
GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYCAPTION) returns 19 (which is also what Wine
returns for me), while the initial trackbar thumb size is 21. On Win2k,
GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYCAPTION) returns 20, but the the initial thumb
size is still 21. So am I doing something wrong? It does not appear to
me that the trackbar thumb size is related to SM_CYCAPTION.

By the way, for me, changing to
[Version]
"Windows" = "win2k"

still returns 19 for SM_CYCAPTION for me on Wine. I am assuming that
should return 20?