[[email protected]: .msi files]

Antony Gelberg antony at antgel.co.uk
Fri Aug 1 20:50:20 CDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 08:21:52PM -0500, Kelly Leahy wrote:
> maybe you have an NT version of MSI installed?
>
> It seems to be trying to access the NT security APIs.  Maybe the problem is
> that it may be testing for existence of these APIs by trying to call
> GetProcAddress on them.  Wine's native DLLs are likely going to be a problem
> for any app that tends to do this for testing for the existence of an API.
> I've seen a lot of apps do this in the past, though I never really thought
> about it as a problem until I started looking at wine.  Of course, this
> process of "looking up" a function to see if it exists works fine in
> windows, since MS doesn't provide (stub) the function in versions of DLLs
> that don't have it.
>
> Kelly

I definitely had the 98 version of MSI installed.  I just tried again
with a fresh ~/.wine directory, and got the same problem.

I've put the log at http://www.antgel.co.uk/compsci/linux/cm4_debug if
anyone is interested.  I've also grepped the GetProcAddress calls at
http://www.antgel.co.uk/compsci/linux/cm4_debug_GPA - don't know if
that's any use.

Any other comments or ideas?

Antony