how to use wine on linux??

csy annie annie_csy at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 2 17:34:50 CDT 2003

hi, i'm new to WINE.
I've install it on linux in order to run my developed chat application
(which need to run with a file called 'client.dll).
Inorder to run windows application on linux i've choose to install WINE.

However, i don't know how to use it after installing & configuring it on my
linux(mandrake).
For example, if i want to run my java file 'Client.java'. Do i type
java Client.java
to run as normal java program??
If so, will WINE automatically detect it's a windows file & execute it?? If
not, what should i do??

Thanks in advance.