Small FAQ fixes

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Aug 3 12:49:09 CDT 2003

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Tom wrote:
[...]
> Small question.. If I take Mikes updates and these updates
> and apply them againt the faq.template in /lostwages
> can we just update the faq there ? And whenever a large
> amount of changes have been made just build a .sgml of it.
> Or just make sure we update both at the same time ?

We should always modify the source files. In the case of the FAQ this is
the documentation/faq.sgml file in the Wine CVS sources. The HTML
version and the faq.template files are generated from there and thus
should not be modified directly.

I think we avoid this problem with the rest of the documentation because
it is not in the web site's CVS. Further, iirc, the rest of the
documentation is now regenerated automatically and daily from the SGML
source. We should probably do the same for the FAQ.

[...]
> Comments ?

Sounds like we need to do a merge...

In theory, theory and practice are the same, but in practice they're different.