(no subject)

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Aug 3 13:49:35 CDT 2003

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003, puoti at inwind.it wrote:

> I've decided I'll include the wine faq and wine user guide into my next wine
> rpm, but  I've noticed that the docs need some updates. For a start, they need a
> version for rpm packages, it seems a bit crazy to install a binary rpm of wine,
> open the user manual, and find a guide on where you can download wine and howto
> compile the source

I think this makes sense. It makes it easier to find where the software
comes from so that one can check for the updated versions and other
related resources.

Furthermore the user guide is not specific to the case of binary
installations and thus has to also cover the case of users who install
from source. Maybe the section it's in should just mention that you can
skip these steps if you already have binaries.

     Linux, WinNT, MS-DOS - also known as the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.