Trackbar select range tweaks

puoti at inwind.it puoti at inwind.it
Sun Aug 3 15:11:41 CDT 2003

If it can help, I can run this on windows server 2003 (Evaluation copy, I would
never buy anything from m$).

Dustin Navea wrote:
> could someone send me the testcase and i will run it on a win2k machine, a
> win98 machine and a winxp machine?

Hmm, an executable for determining the SM_CYCAPTION metric is small, so
I'll attach that. It comes from this code.

#include "windows.h"
#include "stdio.h"

main()
{
	printf("GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYCAPTION) = %d\n",
GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYCAPTION));
}

For determing thumb size, I use MS ControlSpy, available here:
http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0798/controlspy.aspx

That includes binaries. Just run the Trackbar binary, click on
"TBM_GETTHUMBLENGTH" in the window on the lower left, and then click the
"Send" button. In the window below that button, it should say something
like:
lResult: 21 (0x15)
which means the thumb size is 21.