Trackbar select range tweaks

Dustin Navea speeddymon at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 15:44:15 CDT 2003

--- Duane Clark <dclark at akamail.com> wrote:
> Dustin Navea wrote:
> > ok thx, running on win2k sp2, the attached executable showed
> >
> > GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYCAPTION) = 19
> >

> Hmm, that's interesting. I'm running Win2K "Professional" SP3. Anyway, I
> played around a bit and found out that if I login as administrator, then
> GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYCAPTION) = 19, but if I login as dclark then
> GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYCAPTION) = 20. Very strange ;) There is no visible
> difference between the two accounts that I can see. In both cases, the
> thumb is 21.
>
> I can get a different metric if I set Windows to use large fonts, and
> that does increase the size of the trackbar thumb.

That is odd..  Because when I ran that, I was running it on a user account on
a computer that I did not have administrative access to..  here is the output
on my home comp (w2k sp3) from my user acct:

GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYCAPTION) = 19

admin acct in a min..

=====
--
Dustin Navea

Minor Contributor, http://www.winehq.com
Bugzilla Janitor, http://bugs.winehq.com
Network Admin, irc://irc.blynk.net (down)