wine in the press :)

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Tue Aug 5 18:46:52 CDT 2003

Le mar 05/08/2003 à 18:30, Joerg Mayer a écrit :
> On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 11:49:54AM -0400, Tom wrote:
> > I just seen this on /. I though I would post the link here.
> > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,1210083,00.asp
>
> "Brooks said it took some time to
> convince Disney attorneys that he
> wanted to pay for the development
> of the porting solution but did not
> want to own it. However, Disney's
> legal department has developed a
> policy that enables Disney to
> protect its intellectual property
> while keeping within the statutes
> of the GNU General Public License,
> he said."
>
> Any idea, what that second sentence ist about  (However...)?o

Not from me. My questionning is more on why does he mention the GPL,
when Wine is under the LGPL... (I know you can transfer any copy of a
LGPL code to GPL, as per section 3 of the LGPL)
Do they use the standard CrossOffice, or a special "animation studio
only" version? Since Photoshop works in plain CrossOffice, I'd say it's
the plain version, but I don't work for CodeWeavers.

Vincent