winver

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Wed Aug 13 07:24:20 CDT 2003

Le mer 13/08/2003 à 01:40, Shachar Shemesh a écrit :
> Vincent Béron wrote:
> >Could you just send the result of GetVersionExA?
> >
> >I think I have everything else (at least to define the version...)
> >
> >Vincent
> >

> Windows 2003 Standard Edition (let me know if you want another edition):
> Majour Version: 5
> Minor Version: 2
> Build Number: 3790
> Platform ID: 2
> CSDVersion empty (NULLs)
> ServicePackMajor: 0
> ServicePackMinor: 0
> Reserved: 272, 3

Thanks Shachar, but there's still something I'm not sure about.

After ServicePackMinor, our winbase.h defines the following fields:
WORD wSuiteMask
BYTE wProductType
BYTE wReserved

I suppose your winbase.h only had two WORD wReserved(1,2)?
If that's the case, wSuiteMask maps to 272
(VER_SUITE_SINGLEUSERTS|VER_SUITE_TERMINAL), and wProductType to
VER_NT_SERVER. That would be our first version advertised as
VER_NT_SERVER. Is there a workstation version of 2K3, as earlier NT
versions were always defined as that in Wine?

Vincent