[winegcc01] Don't use BINDIR to spawn subprograms

Richard Cohen richard.cohen at virgin.net
Thu Aug 14 03:20:55 CDT 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On August 13, 2003 09:49 pm, Richard Cohen wrote:
>
>>Just using $PATH to find stuff makes it much easier to spawn off tools
>>when running within the tree.
>>
>>Changelog:
>>        Remove hardcoded BINDIR paths
>

> Yes, this is a problem -- eventually we want to use these things from
> within the tree. I guess we can prepend $WINE_HOME/tools to the PATH
> within the Makefile. Another way do to it is to look at argv[0], and
> if we're running from within the tree, we automatically select the
> in-tree tools, rather than the ones from BINDIR.

I agree with you that we should try to be as consistent with gcc as
possible. Here gcc<->winegcc and ld<->winewrap.

gcc just calls the ld in the PATH; I don't see any advantage in doing
anything more complicated.

Richard.

PS. I read wine-devel so you don't have to send emails directly to me as
well.