[winegcc03] winewrap can handle the default output name

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Aug 14 08:07:36 CDT 2003

On August 14, 2003 04:30 am, Richard Cohen wrote:
> winegcc <-> gcc, winewrap<->ld
>
> $ man ld
>         -o output
>         --output=output
>             Use  output  as the name for the program produced by
>             ld; if this option is not specified, the name  a.out
>             is used by default.  The script command "OUTPUT" can
>             also specify the output file name.
>
> Anyone up for renaming winewrap to wineld ? ;-}

Well, it's true that winewrap does ld's job, but we don't have
to maintain mingw/binutil compatibility for this one. For people
that need wine/mingw portability, they should use gcc/winegcc
as a frontend to do the linking.

I don't have a problem having winewrap default to a.exe if no
name is given. But I'm not sure we need to do to the trouble
of providing (too much) ld compatibility, as we do in winegcc.

--
Dimi.