RPM for Red Hat 7.3

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Thu Aug 14 20:04:25 CDT 2003

Le jeu 14/08/2003 à 18:52, Matt Seitz a écrit :
> Vincent Béron wrote:
> > Le mar 15/07/2003 à 12:27, William M. Quarles a écrit :
> >
> >>Is it possible that you could continue building and
> >>distributing packages for Red Hat 7.3?
> >

> > I initially planned to, but one of my HD failed and I'm waiting for the
> > replacement. Then I'll have enough HD room to do it.
>
> Any word on this?  If not, could someone provide me with instructions
> for building it myself?

Good thing you remind me of it. I received the replacement drive, but I
hadn't had the time to install anything unto it yet. And I leave for 10
days tomorrow morning.

If you're willing to put your hands at it, you can begin by downloading
the RH8 SRPM and rebuilding it (ideally after changing the extraversion
to something else). I can't think of something going wrong, except if
RH7.3 doesn't have the necessary version of some build tools (autoconf,
gcc, etc.). If something goes wrong, try to investigate and fix it
(obviously). I can't recall something possibly causing problem though.

Vincent