cab_G_00-pre1 (RFC)

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Sat Aug 16 04:11:15 CDT 2003

On Saturday 16 August 2003 03:14 am, Eric Pouech wrote:
> Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> >>
> >>except for _lopen which differs a bit from CreateFile, but why not using
> >>ReadFile, WriteFile, CloseHandle...
> >
> > Because they look too hard for Gregory... Did you read the whole thread?
>
> yes I did... but I don't so many differences between read and
> ReadFile... which is not as easy for open vs. CreateFile as I wrote

Looking at msvcrt's code, it starts to look like a bit much.  Take a peek at
dlls/msvcrt/file.c, "_open" and "MSVCRT__sopen" functions to get an idea of
what I was hoping to avoid.  Looking at dlls/kernel/file.c, somehow things
are much simpler (!?).  I will do some experimentation with "_lopen" and co.
(and read the api doc on MSDN) but presumably -- hopefully, judging by the
names -- the "_l" API's will be close enough to "_open" & co. to avoid some
cut-and-paste development.  If not... there's more than one way to skin a
cat.

--
gmt

"The difference between Congress and drunken sailors is that
drunken sailors are spending their own money."
  -- Rep. Tom Feeney