REGRESSION: environment variables no longer possible

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Aug 19 13:05:31 CDT 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at intelliware.ca> writes:

> While this makes sense from a separation perspective, it will prove to
> be very inconvenient in practice. For decent integration we need access
> to the environment, and having wrapper over wrapper to do these things
> is not convenient.

I don't see why it would be any different than running under
Windows. If the app supports environment variables in its .ini file
under Windows then it will support them under Wine, otherwise it
won't. I don't think we should magically expand things in .ini files.
Environment variables in the Wine config file itself are supported, as
long as you use the Windows syntax.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com