PATCH - some build fixes for w32api headers

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 22:41:26 CDT 2003

--- Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> Why do you need to add stdarg.h everywhere? AFAICS it should be
> already included by the headers that require it.

While the WINE winbase.h includes these lines w32api and the copy of SP3 for MS_VC6 does not.

#ifndef RC_INVOKED
#include <stdarg.h>
#endif

#include "basetsd.h"
#include "windef.h"
#include "winerror.h"

> As a general note, it's a very good thing to test with other headers,
> but make sure that the problem is really on the Wine side before
> making changes. Being compatible with w32api is not a goal in itself
> for Wine, we have to be compatible with Microsoft; and if the Wine
> code works with the Microsoft headers but not with w32api then the bug
> is in w32api and should be fixed there.
>
> And in the case where the bug is really in Wine, this means there's an
> incompatibility in the Wine headers, since it builds fine with them
> and it shouldn't. So this means we have to fix the Wine headers too,
> not only the C files.

One of my goals is to see WINE, Mingw and ReactOS work together
rather then spend the next 10 years doing the same thing 3 times over.
I still want to see the three projects share a common include system so
I will start testing on MS_VC first and then test Mingw.

Thanks
Steven