RFC: evolution of file management

Robert North 7ownq0k402 at sneakemail.com
Wed Aug 20 12:21:59 CDT 2003

Ferenc Wagner wferi-at-afavant.elte.hu |Wine Mailing Lists| wrote:
> Do we need attributes like hidden, system, etc?
>                                                 Feri.

Can't really answer your question,
but on the kernel mailing list, There has been some discussion of
whether these attributes should be exposed from mounted fat partitions:
The fat fs maintainer has a patch, and is wondering what to do with it.
(The patch exposes the fat attributes as extended attributes)

See the thread titled "[RFC] ioctl vs xattr for the filesystem specific
attributes".

Hope this helps
	-Rob.