FAQ update

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Aug 21 19:19:32 CDT 2003

On 21 Aug 2003, Jeremy Newman wrote:
[...]
> Yes the docs are built when we do an official wine release. But, I don't
> see a way to update the lostwages version of the FAQ easily. The HTML
> generated by the SGML parser is ugly. We could write a script that
> strips out the header and body tags so it's just the content. For now,
> someone (ie Tom) could just submit a patch for the website version.

Well, that a problem. We cannot maintain have two versions of the FAQ.
It too much work and they will never be in sync.

I can see that one problem with the generated HTML is that it a
standalone HTML pages whereas for the web site we need something that
can be included by the PHP template system. But it seems that it should
be easy to strip anything before <body> and after </body>, even
manually.

What are the other problems with the generated HTML?

Clearly we have the same issue with the documentation but the same
solution can be applied to both cases. Maybe if you provide the
requirements someone will volunteer to write a script to post-process
the generated HTML files or do some DSSL hack to generate the right
thing from the start?

     Linux, WinNT, MS-DOS - also known as the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.