[Foxgui-users]Re: Wine fixes (1)

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Aug 21 22:47:38 CDT 2003

On August 21, 2003 12:07 am, jeroen wrote:

> Ha!  Well, I can't say that I disagree with you; however, if you're
> actually shipping applications for Windows, you'd better test on the
> real thing.....  One thing the emulation won't tell you is whether
> any oddball device driver issues crop up.  This particularly happens
> with OpenGL. I have had to add special directives to avoid hardware
> accelerated OpenGL on Windows so that broken drivers may be circumvented.
>
> Interactions with other applications also must be tested; for example,
> clipboard support. You will discover the weirdest things...

It's a nice compliment (thank you!) to assume that Wine is such a good
implementation of the Win32 API that one would assume to do no testing
on Windows :) Unfortunately, we haven't gone that far (yet ;) ).

Wine is good enough at the moment to allow for some development, but
you will definitely run into problems, and you _will_ need to test
the result on Windows, as you say.

But regardless of utility, I still maintain a Wine port would be cool :)

--
Dimi.