When will Wine integrate an x86 CPU emulator?

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Fri Aug 22 15:40:33 CDT 2003

> The most interesting activity on Wine with x86 emulation is QEMU.  If
> that had existed last year then there wouldn't have been a Darwine.
> QEMU now has a mailing list:
>
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/

What is 'fun' is that QEMU resulted from a discussion I had with its author
about how to best run Wine on a non-X86 system and the resulting conclusion
we reached (after some time late in the night :-) ) : the easiest and most
robust way to do that was to emulate at the syscall level.

Note also this post
(http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2003-08/msg00058.html) where
Fabrice agrees with my post about Wine on OS/X :-)

       Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/