Porting to OpenBSD 3.4-beta

Dan Brosemer odin at cleannorth.org
Sat Aug 23 21:13:58 CDT 2003

First, if this is the wrong list for this, I appologize and please point me
at the correct list.

I have been trying to port Wine, WineX, or ReWind to OpenBSD 3.4-beta for
the past week.  I've made the most progress with ReWind, so that is what
this post will focus on.

Where I'm stumbling right now, I believe, is in the dll loader:

odin at sleipnir:p6[~/.wine/c]$ wine windows/Sol.exe
err:module:BUILTIN32_LoadLibraryExA loaded .so but dll ntdll.dll still not found - library environment problem or version conflict, check your setup.
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) ntdll.dll (which is needed by wine) not found

Now, it _is_ actually loading libntdll.so, I can see this with ktrace:

   181 wine     NAMI  "/usr/local/lib/libntdll.so"
   181 wine     RET   open 3
   181 wine     CALL  read(0x3,0xcfbefdbc,0x1000)
   181 wine     GIO   fd 3 read 4088 bytes
       "\^?ELF\^A\^A\^A\0\0\0\0\0\0  ......

I see that message is in relay32/builtin32.c, printed if MODULE_FindModule
returns nothing.

In MODULE_FindModule in this loop:
    for ( wm = MODULE_modref_list; wm; wm = wm->next )
    {
    }

I added a printf("MOD: %s\n", wm->modname);  which prints out "MOD: wine"
four times before the error message above.

I'm curious how MODULE_modref_list is seeded.  That's where I think I'll
find a clue to my problem.  Could anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks in advance.

-Dan

--
"Burnished gallows set with red