[RESEND] Sync (47): shlwapi tests

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sun Aug 24 18:39:01 CDT 2003

Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:

> On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Jon Griffiths wrote:
> [...]
>> Note that a regression is something that used to work, and now
>> doesn't. So any regression testing should only report failures for
>> tests that used to work and now don't. New tests that fail, or those
>> that have never succeeded, _aren't_ regressions, and shouldn't be
>> marked
>
> These are not regression tests but conformance tests. They should report
> anything that does not conform to the Windows behavior as an error.

I disagree, as far as I'm concerned they are definitely regression
tests. If we only wanted to check conformance then it would be OK for
tests to fail everywhere we are not compatible; it's because the tests
must be usable to find regressions that we cannot have failing ones in
the tree. And that's why we have the todo_wine macro to mark tests
that are expected to fail.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com