Fwd: Printing in Wine + FreeBSD

Jonathan Fosburgh syjef at mdanderson.org
Tue Aug 26 11:30:36 CDT 2003

Subject: Printing in Wine + FreeBSD
Date: Tuesday 26 August 2003 07:18 am
From: Jonathan Fosburgh <syjef at mdanderson.org>
To: wine-users at winehq.com

This behaviour has been consistent on FreeBSD -Current since 5.0-RELEASE.  I
am now running 5.1-CURRENT with cups-1.1.19.0 and wine from CVS yesterday
afternoon.  Wine *is* seeing my cups printers and I can print to them from
the command line, from kprinter, etc.  However, when trying to print from,
say, notepad, I receive the following errors for any of my printers:

fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_SetUpPrinterListComboW Can't find '(null)' in printer
list so trying to find default
err:commdlg:PRINTDLG_ChangePrinterW DocumentProperties fails on L"aix-ptr"
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_UpdatePrintDlgW No lpdm ptr?
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_WMCommandW Update printdlg was not successful!

The only other application I have installed from which I would like to print
is Lotus Notes R5. A coworker using Red Hat has no problem printing from
Notes, but I receive an insufficient memory error.  Does anyone have printing
from wine working on FreeBSD? Do these errors make sense to anyone reading
this list? I have searched for them and came across some entries, but they
were all fairly old, and I couldn't find one that applied.  Thanks for any
help you can offer.
--
Jonathan Fosburgh
AIX and Storage Administrator

I originally posted this to wine-users and it was suggested I try here ...