Exceptions

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Aug 28 07:48:45 CDT 2003

On August 28, 2003 07:36 am, Mike Hearn wrote:
> I'm a bit confused. Clearly SEH *is* implemented in Wine, at least to
> some extent, as you can watch exceptions being thrown and caught again
> in the traces. I remember some threads talking about how it couldn't be
> implemented, but, I've seen __TRY/__EXCEPT code in the Wine source.
>
> What am I missing here?

The C-level support for __try/__except that can't be replicated using
macros (for things like return/goto out of the __try blocks). See the
thread on wine-devel from a few months back when Greg tried real hard
to simulate such a thing using gcc's support for inner functions without
much success.

--
Dimi.