[winecfg 1.1] Implement saveConfigValue(), style changes, code cleanup, UI alignment

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Thu Aug 28 15:42:45 CDT 2003

On 28 Aug 2003, Mike Hearn wrote:

> Probably the best way to do it is to have a queue of transaction
> structures, and each time you want to change a registry key (or rather
> section/value pair) a new ConfigureTransaction is added to the tail of
> the queue. The queue can either be processed instantly, or block until
> OK/Cancel.

That, or having a dirty flag would work as well. I think we should
have a structure describing each value:

    struct config_param {
        const char *name;
        void *value; /* or we can have a union here */
        int dirty;
        const char *flyby_help;
        HWND control;
        /* etc, etc. */
    }

    On "Apply", we can simply walk the list and commit all
    things that are dirty. In general, I think it will be
    helpful going forward to be able to have such a thing
    in place so we can easily associtate metadata with each
    value.

--
Dimi.